Sunday, April 24, 2005

New York Marathon

So I had my bachelor's party this weekend. I drove up to New York City with my friends Mike, Lee and Jim. There, we met up with my other friend, Zach, who planned a night of fun in Brooklyn.

The itinerary was a mystery. We caught a cab for Greenpoint, then took a walk.

Mystery Walk

...and ended up at the Brooklyn Brewery.

Brooklyn Brewery

The best part of the tour was the free beer at the end.

The First of Many Beers

Leaving the brewery, we couldn't find a cab and spent 45 min. taking the subway back to the hotel.

Bedford Subway Stop

Then, after meeting up with a group of high school, college and law school friends, we headed out to dinner at a Viennese restaurant.

dinner pic #1
dinner pic #2
dinner pic #3

After dinner, we took a quick cab ride to a club in Williamsburg called Northsix :

Northsix bar

to see The Fucking Champs:

The Fucking Champs

...the show rocked.

The Fucking Champs Show

Later, we went to another bar in Williamsburg with pictures of naked ladies on the walls:

Roughly 2:15am

...this was followed by a stint at the Royal Oak, also in Brooklyn.

Old Fashioneds at the Royal Oak

Some random drunk girl messed up our group picture.

Drunk Girl Devil Horns
Group Photo At the Royal Oak

We closed out the Royal Oak at 4:00 am and went to a diner in Brooklyn Heights for breakfast.

Breakfast in Brooklyn Heights

Finally, at we finished up the party at the Brooklyn Heights Promenade 6:15am. The fog was so bad that you couldn't see Manhattan, but I was so tired that I didn't care.

Foggy View

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better time!

me

4 Comments:

At 4/24/2005 8:37 PM, Blogger Zach said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I did.

 
At 4/25/2005 8:43 AM, Blogger Lee said...

It was a good time. thanks for having me. Kudos to zach as well, solid choices

 
At 4/25/2005 12:02 PM, Blogger Zach said...

In the first shot at Royal Oak, Random Hipster Cunt #1 has got a little middle-finger action going on. That's so badass. She's, like, fighting the man, one button-up striped shirt at a time.

The funniest part is that you know she talked about it later. "And there were these preppie guys there, and I got in their picture and totally flipped off the camera." Awesome.

 
At 4/25/2005 12:13 PM, Blogger Michael said...

That's funny. I hadn't noticed her middle finger in the photo.

Now that I see it, though, I am chastened and cowed. Her bold statement really makes me see how my presence at the Royal Oak was insulting and offensive. I understand now what a fragile ecosystem Williamsburg is, and that assholes like me and my friends shouldn't go to bars there, lest it cease being cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home